Hey Y'all

Hey Y'all

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Crazy Week!

Last Wednesday we finally bought a new mattress. The new mattress actually went in Josie's room, and the queen mattress went into Layne's room. Layne was SO excited to finally get to sleep in her own room again. (Josie was a little nervous though - the girls have slept in the same room for almost 6 months now, so it was their 1st time to sleep alone in their rooms since we've been in Texas.)
Those of you that know me, know about my addiction to Starbucks (Iced grande, nonfat, with whip, caramel latte). Every now and then we will make a Decaf version of this for the kids. Every day last week Layne was begging me for one, so I finally gave in.
Last Wednesday Sam had to spend some of the Christmas money burning a hole in his pocket, so he decided on the game Battleship. I think he has played it every day. He is so competitive (I don't know where he gets it from), but it's pretty funny to watch him play!

As you all know, Layne loves shopping. So last Thursday I took her to Target to get her fix. (Her purse now goes with us every where we go.) She too had Christmas money burning a hole in her pocket, so she decided on pink finger nail polish, eyeshadow, perfume, and sparkling pink lip gloss.
This is a picture of her last night after doing her own makeup. She said, "I know it looks a little crazy, but I tried my best." We all assured her that it looked pretty!
On Friday Sam got to have one of his friends from school come over for a few hours. This is storm trooper Patrick, and I'm not sure who Sam is supposed to be. They had a lot of fun, and I now know why God only gave me one boy - I couldn't handle two! Patrick was only there for 2 minutes, when I walked into Sam's room to check on them. That's when I heard Patrick say, "I have a idea, I know what we can do." He turned around, looked at me with an evil little smile, then shut the door! I called Adrian and told him to get home ASAP! They were good and had fun, but the girls did not know what to do with themselves - they have never experienced their Sammy not wanting to play with them.
For Christmas my mom got me a new Bernina Sewing Machine! I love my machine, and it came with free classes. So on Saturday, I took my last 2 classes. At my mom's request here is a picture of me as I was leaving for class. I even went above and beyond and got a picture with my teacher, Ms. Kay!
And because I got a new sewing machine, Josie got my old one. She's my little clone. All she wants to do is sew.
This is a picture of her 1st sewing project. It's a bear. (or pig, or mouse?)
On Saturday we decided Layne was big enough to move up into a big girl booster seat, and Sam was finally tall enough to move out of his little boy booster seat. So this is a picture of her in Sam's old booster seat and Sam in no booster seat. They both felt so grown up!
On Sunday it was SO WARM here. It was like 80 - we were all in shorts and t-shirts, except Sam - no shirt. This is Sam trying to do pull-ups.
We even turned on the sprinklers for the kids to play in.
And this is Adrian and Layne outside on Sunday. This will be one of my all time favorite pics!
Occasionally Adrian will take the kids to school. This week he took them because Layne had slept in and didn't want to get up to take the kids to school. But here is a picture of Lucy and Scout saying goodbye.
I know I was just telling you how warm it was here, but today it is like 18 outside and it has been snowing! We are all so excited. Adrian even called me from work to tell me how much he loves the snow. I just told him that he moved to the wrong state then.
As I'm sitting here updating the blog, Layne just came around the corner and said, "Well, it looks like I'm ready to go shopping." I have no plans of going shopping today, but she's ready!

No comments: